Monday, February 27, 2012

Wow


I'm sorry I don't have any pictures from today, but I will add some of a few I took from 3 days ago!  Today was an experience!  Over the last 24 hours I would estimate that we got an additional 20 inches of snow, yesterday's blizzard was amazing.  A little while ago we had some snow fall off of our roof and it landed against our window.  I decided I would head outside and get it off before anymore could fall against the window, as we have been warned that to much snow on the window can break it.  I put on my boots, gloves, jacket and hat; grabbed our trusty shovel and headed out.  This is a window that is right next to our front door, but because of all of the snow you actually have to walk around to the front yard and get at it from the street.  The only reason we can even do this is because we have paid a man ($90 per hour) to come to our house on 3 occasions with his huge front end loader (I think this is what it is called)  and remove snow from our yard.  After climbing up onto the snow to make the 30 ft trek to the window I realized that I would have to work just to get there.  I actually had to dig out a path to get to the window...  It was incredible I would step through the snow and it would go almost up to my waist.  Keep in mind that I did not hit the ground, just some snow that has been packed down over the last few months.  We have lost track of just how much snow has accumulated, but after the snowfall this week we should have gone over the 400 inch mark for this season.  We are also about to lose sight of the measuring stick we put in our back yard which stands 10 feet tall.  Incredible!  As I am typing this it is snowing:)

No comments:

Post a Comment