Saturday, March 10, 2012

On Tuesday I got my first look at the Northern Lights, an aurora borealis.  It was amazing as these green lights danced around the sky.  Sometimes they would fan out and cover a wide space and other times it looked like someone was crouched behind the mountain with a giant flashlight pointing a green beam of light across the sky.  I tried my best to get a picture to put on the blog, but my camera would not focus and therefore would not take a picture because it only saw dark.  The following night the aurora was suppose to be active again so a group of ladies and I, armed with our cameras, went for a drive up into the mountains to get the best view. One of my friends, Ashley (the organizer of this adventure), was with us and she had gotten amazing pictures from the night before so I was full of questions for her and was ready to get my amazing shot!  So we got into Thompson Pass and began our wait...  We waited and waited and played around with our cameras as Ashley taught me some fun camera tricks...  No lights.  We gave up at 11:30 and started the drive home having had fun, but disappointed that the lights did not come out and give us a show.  The pictures below are the ones I took while we waited.  The good news is we still have time here and I WILL get a picture of the Norther Lights before we leave Alaska.  I did feel very lucky to be able to see them the night before and can't wait to see them again!


This is a Semi rolling down the road.  

Stars in the sky.  If I had a tripod the stars would not look so funny, but I was amazed that it came out at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment